You can discount items in the sales ticket from the Retail screen, or when you check out clients for classes and appointments from the schedule. Before you accept payment, you can also apply any promotion code you've created in your MINDBODY site.
Add a discount
You can discount an item by a percentage of its price, or by a flat amount.
- Tap the item you wish to discount (1).
- If you want to discount a certain percentage of the total item price, tap Percent at the top of the Discount popup. Then, enter the discount percentage (2).
- If you want to take a flat amount off of the total item price, tap Amount at the top of the Discount popup. Then, enter the discount amount (3).
- You will see the new price of the item listed at the bottom of the menu. Hit Done to add the discount to the sales ticket (4).
- Tap Update in the item details menu (5).
- You'll see the new total in the sales ticket (6).
- Repeat this process for any other items you wish to discount, and then complete the checkout process as you normally would.
Apply a promotion
You can accept any active promotion code that you have created in your MINDBODY system.
- When a client brings in a promotion code that applies to an item on the sales ticket, tap the Check Out button (1).
- Then, hit Promo Code in the upper right corner (2).
- Start typing the promotion code in the search bar, and select the right one from the list (3).
- The promotion code will apply automatically. You'll see the promotional discount applied in the sales ticket (4).
To learn how to change the quantity of an item on the ticket, or how to remove an item from the ticket entirely, click here.